I am so excited that I am counting down to the 2012 Type A Parent Conference, only one week to go!!! I feel like a kid in a FAO Schwartz store with my mum’s AMEX! (Now that I am very sure you have captured the depth of my emotions) This will be my second conference ever….ever, ever, ever! I tagged along to my first conference with my sister Jen of Jael Custom Designs, which was the NC Mom Bloggers Conference in Ocean Isle, NC. There I met an amazing group of women who I have kept in contact with and see from time to time. The best thing about these conferences is the fostering of relationships that I otherwise may not have encountered. I can be a bit of an introvert. Sharing, motivating, and just the connections that can be built is awesome and helps me come out of my shell! So in the spirit of being a NEWBIE this is my official to do list for the Type A Parent Conference.
All the preliminary stuff has been completed tickets, hotel reservations, tom tom route and shopping outlet re-routes….blah blah blah
- Must bring iPhone, iPad, all charging wires & Clear mobile hot-spot just in case !
- Must have BUSINESS CARDS to pass out at the Type A Parent Conference…..this was my downfall at many events. Don’t limit yourself into thinking that you are just a blog or small by any means! There are an endless amount of opportunities and individuals who would love to network with you.
- BRAND building t-shirts. So it may be out of style…but the non conformist in me loves to wear twitter shirts. I want you to see me, check me out, and hopefully follow me on twitter if you like what I have to say.
- Organize your schedule, know the times and the break out sessions that you need to attend. I hear that this is one of the most popular conferences so I have to make sure I get in all that I need to without suffering from shiny object syndrome. Now I want to attend everything but can’t be in two places at one time. With that said…my next to do is
- Buddy up! Find a buddy, friend, pal, roomie, another newbie that may be in a session you want to attend but can’t…and plan to exchange info!
- Determine your note taking method….ol’ paper & pencil, Evernote, mind mapping…whatever rocks your socks but be consistent and organized about it. Notes all over the place is no bueno.
- Say hello to everyone…..get outside your comfort zone to meet and greet….network and build those connections!
- Don’t worry about names, who uses their government anymore my name is @theBRANDtheorem !!!
- Set a GOAL this should actually be NUMBER 1 on my list. What do you want to get out of attending this conference? It may be a loaded question but it’s the most important one. Who goes to a conference for the hors d’oeuvres?
So these are the things I will be doing, I can’t wait to go and if you’re attending I hope to meet you !